Last updated: 29th June
From Monday 29th June
- You will be able to travel anywhere in Ireland.
- Face coverings are recommended for public transport, retail outlets, and other places where it is difficult to maintain social distancing.
The following can open:
- Adult Education facilities
- Creches, childcare facilities and pre-schools
- Summer Camps
- Youth Clubs
- Indoor and outdoor amenities for children
- wellbeing services – for example, chiropractic, massage therapy, acupuncture, reflexology and homoeopathy
- hairdressers, barbers, nail and brow salons, beauty salons, spas, make-up application services, tanning, tattooing and piercing services
- driving schools
- all remaining retail (for example, bookmakers), services and commercial activities
- For more information visit – Gov.ie
Walking Times For Coocooning Individuals (Monday-Friday)
11am – 1pm
Athboy Fair Green:
1pm – 3pm
“Thanks to all staff, pupils and parents/guardians for your co-operation with the smooth closedown of the school at very short notice yesterday afternoon. As mentioned at yesterday’s assemblies, pupils should respect the request to remain socially isolated and not to congregate in large groups. The school and school office are now closed to pupils, parents/guardians and members of the public.
Staff will continue to liaise with pupils on our online platform Office 365. All pupils should monitor their school e-mail on a daily basis for instructions from teachers. These include details of work for CBAs which can be carried out over the next few weeks. Please contact email@example.com if you have any difficulties in accessing your account. If possible, use a fellow student’s account for this purpose, or an alternative e-mail account for yourself on a once off basis (e.g. gmail).
We wish all members of the school community a safe time over the next few weeks. You should continue to monitor this School App for further details which will be kept to a minimum. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org at all times if you have any urgent need to do so”
Local Business Updates
- Open with 2 customers allowed in at a time
- From Monday 18th May Birds Centra Athboy will be back opening at 8am.
- Athboy branch will remain open.
- Open and operating 2 customers at a time service.
- Open from Wednesday 1st July
- Open to over 70s for daily exercise.
- 1 Customer is permitted to enter at a time.
- Open in new location beside Cafe Sabrosa.
- Closing for lunch between 1-2pm
- Opening July 20th
- Opening July 20th
Local Community Updates
Useful websites and contacts
- Seniorline is available to answer calls from older people who may be isolated on freephone 1800 804591
- Alone have launched a COVID 19 helpline: https://alone.ie/alone-launch-
a-covid-19-support-line-for- older-people-working-in- collaboration-with-the- department-of-health-and-the- hse/
- An Garda Siochana are rolling out a community engagement programme to support vulnerable members of our community. Do not hesitate to contact your local Garda Station if you are worried about any member of your local community. Further details here: https://bit.ly/396Cfy0
- The Wheel have developed an information hub to assist non-profits and voluntary groups with some practicalities and to keep you informed of the evolving situation: https://www.wheel.ie/
- Emergency Services – 112 or 999
- Athboy Doctors – 046 9430098
- North East Doctor on Call – 1850 777 911
- Garda Siochana – 046 9432201
- Parochial House (Athboy)- 046 9432184
- Meath County Council – 046 9097000
- Meath County Council – 1890445335
- Cllr David Gilroy Athboy – 0874172136
- St Vincent de Paul – 1800677777 or 0876941776
- Athboy Post office – 046 9432138
- Life Pharmacy – (046) 943 2380
- Martins Pharmacy – 046 9487629
- HSE Live – 1850 241850/041 6850300
- Athboy In This Together Team – 083 8610038 (David)